Wellington’s Fried Chicken Festival is back on Friday 25th & Saturday 26th February, 2022!
Frank Kitts Park, Wellington Waterfront
The festival vendors can be viewed on the vendor page, with all beverage vendors having standardised drink prices as per the below guide.
All food menu items will be limited to a maximum price of $10.00.
Please see the individual vendor menus on their listings for what will be on offer (GF, DF, V available).
Three sessions to enjoy the best of the Fried Chicken Fest!
Choose from Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening.
- FRIDAY 4:00pm – 8:00pm Session
- SATURDAY 11:00am – 2:30pm Session
- SATURDAY 4:00pm – 8:00pm Session
Limited capacity is available for each session.
Tickets are specific to the session purchased and cannot be transferred between sessions.
Festival Currency & Important Information
Cashless Event: EFTPOS & Credit Only
Fried Chicken Fest is a 100% cashless Festival, all vendors will be accepting contactless payments via EFTPOS and Paywave available.
- Eftpos/Debit card
- Debit Visa/Mastercard
- Credit Visa/Mastercard
Please note we will not take Amex, Diners or Union Pay cards.
With no cash to handle, this helps our vendor’s process transactions quickly, which means more time for you to enjoy the Festival!
Beer (330ml Can)
Cider (330ml Can)
Seltzer / Hard Sparkling (330ml Can)
Wine by the Glass (Red & White)
Juice & Soda (Can or Bottle)
Free water: will be available at stations throughout the festival. Bottled water is also available for purchase.
Gluten-Free: Cider, Seltzer & Wine options plus a variety of Food options.
All drinks are served in cans or bottles, with wine poured into reusable festival cups.
The Fried Chicken Festival respects your decision to be vaccinated or not, but in order for the festival to proceed each attendee must be fully vaccinated. This is as per the current Government regulations (Covid-19 Protection Framework)
You will be asked to show a current My Vaccine Pass in your name before being allowed to enter the festival grounds. People under the age of 12 years and 3 months are not required to show proof of vaccination.
DO I NEED TO SHOW A VACCINE CERTIFICATE?
As per the current Government regulations, all attendees will be asked to show a valid My Vaccine Pass in their name before being allowed to enter the festival grounds. People under the age of 12 years and 3 months are not required to show proof of vaccination.
WILL I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
Face masks are not mandatory for festival attendees under the Orange & Green settings, however, it is recommended that you bring along your face mask and wear it as much as possible. ( As per the Covid-19 Protection Framework)
Make sure you have everything ready to be checked when you show up at the festival gates. This includes your Fried Chicken Festival Ticket and My Vaccine Pass. Printed Tickets and printed My Vaccine Passes are acceptable as well as digital versions on a phone.
For faster entry, have your Fried Chicken Festival printed ticket in your hand and your My Vaccine Pass displayed on your phone ready to be sighted.
We would appreciate that if you are feeling unwell, you stay at home. This is for the safety of everyone. If you think you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms then get a test and stay isolated while you wait for your results.
Fried Chicken Fest is a licenced liquor event operating under an undesignated liquor license. We reserve the right to refuse entry or beverages if suitable photo ID cannot be presented on request.
We reserve the right to remove any individuals from the Festival whose behaviour prevents other visitors from having a good time.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but isn’t limited to, intoxication, fighting and rudeness.
Alcohol sales are closed strictly 30mins before the end of the Festival Session
Some other general housekeeping rules to be aware of are:
- Safe transport options home will be available if you need a taxi or uber, please ask any staff member.
- No Smoking or vaping is permitted inside the Festival, no exceptions.
- Pass Outs are not available – once you leave the Festival you won’t be allowed back in.
- Alcohol cannot be taken outside the Festival.
- If you lose your Festival cup this will not be replaced.
- Please do not bring any animals (except for guide dogs),
- Please do not bring furniture or umbrellas with you (that includes blow up or inflatable items). You can bring blankets or picnic mats.
- No musical instruments including any sort of percussion device and no public broadcast equipment e.g. portable speakers, megaphones etc
- No advertising or promotional material without prior approval from the Festival organisers including placards.
- Outside food & beverages cannot be brought into the Festival.
- You can bring in an empty clear water bottle – there will be free water available.
- Remember your sunscreen, sun hats, rainwear (if required) and warm clothing (no pass outs).
- The rain day as per the terms and conditions is Sunday 27th February*
Alcohol consumption is limited to those who are 18+
If you are intending to purchase or consume an alcoholic beverage from the bar please present one of the following forms of ID: A HANZ Card, Kiwi Access card, a New Zealand Drivers License, New Zealand or Foreign Passport.
Promotional photos and video will be taken at the Festival and by purchasing a ticket and / or attending the event you give permission for your likeness to be used by Fried Chicken Fest.
If you do not want your image used by Fried Chicken Fest in any future promotional activity please locate a Fried Chicken Fest senior crew member at the Festival and let them know.
*If the event is unable to proceed due to COVID-19, ticket holders will have the option of a refund.